Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thanks Sheryl for sending this I had to post it!!

> Stunning Testimony
>
> A man from Norfolk , VA called a local radio station to
> share this on Sept 11th, 2003, TWO YEARS AFTER THE TRAGEDIES
> OF 9/11/2001.
> His name was Robert Matthews. These are his words:
> A few weeks before Sept. 11th, my wife and I found out we
> were going to have our first child. She planned a trip out
> to California to visit her sister. On our way to the
> airport, we prayed that God would grant my wife a safe trip
> and be with her. Shortly after I said 'amen,' we
> both heard a loud pop and the car shook violently. We had
> blown out a tire. I replaced the tire as quickly as I could,
> but we still missed her flight.both very upset, we drove
> home.I received a call from my fathe r who was retired NYFD.
> He asked what my wife's flight number was, but I
> explained that we missed the flight. My father informed me
> that her flight was the one that crashed into The southern
> tower I was too shocked to speak. My father also had more
> news for me; he was going to help. 'This is not
> something I can't just sit by for; I have to do
> something.'
> I was concerned for his safety, of course, but more because
> he had never given his life to Christ. After a brief debate,
> I knew his mind was made up. Before he got off of the phone,
> he said, 'take good care of my Grandchild.Those were the
> last word s I ever heard my father say; he died while
> helping in the rescue effort.
> My joy that my prayer of safety for my wife had been
> answered quickly became anger. I was angry at God, at my
> father, and at myself. I had gone for nearly two years
> blaming God for taking my father away. My son would never
> know his grandfather, my father had never accepted Christ,
> and I never got to say good-bye.
> Then something happened. About two months ago, I was
> sitting at home with my wife and my son, when there was a
> knock on the door. I looked at my wife, but I could tell she
> wasn't expecting anyone. I opened the door to a couple
> with a small child. The man looked at me and asked if my
> father's name was Jake Matthews. I told him it was. He
> quickly grabbed my hand and said, 'I never got the
> chance to meet your father, but it is an honor to meet his
> son.'
> He explained to me that his wife had worked in the World
> Trade Center and had been caught inside after the attack.
> She was pregnant and had been caught under debris He then
> explained that my father had been the one to find his wife
> and free her. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought of
> my father giving his life for people like this. He then
> said, 'there is something else you need to know.'
>
>
> His wife then told me that as my father worked to free her,
> she talked to him and led him to Christ. I began sobbing at
> the news.Now I know that when I get to Heaven, my father
> will be standing besideJesus to welcome me, and that this
> family would be able to thank him themselves
> When their baby boy was born, they named him Jacob Matthew,
> in honor of the man who gave his life so that a mother and
> baby could live.
> This story should help us to realize this: God is always in
> control. We may not see the reason behind things, and we
> may never know this side of heaven, but God is ALWAYS in
> control.
> Please take time to share this amazing story. You may
> never know the impact it may have on someone. God
> doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
> Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures
> Forever. Psalm 136:1
>
> GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME

No comments: