Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's a beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!

God is so good..let me tell you why!!



I have secretly been have a hard time this week with things. I am getting overwhelmed with the yardsale and trying to get that stuff ready and trying to sort through things. We have our meeting with attorney on wednesday at 2:30. Also praying that when we do have the yard sale, people will come and buy the stuff. Praying for good weather and a good turnout...This week satan has really messed with me. He is even using Rylie to get to me. It is really been a trying week for me. I shared with Robbie my feelings today. Robbie has such non wavering faith and I am the old worry wart of the marriage and I wish I wasn't. But today our pastor preached a sermon DIRECTLY to me. Man I was blown away. We are doing the behind the music where they used a secular song and based a message on it...well today was It's a beautiful day by U2.



There are 4 ways to choose a beautiful day:



1. Maintain a proper perspective

1 Peter 4:12-13



Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.



2 Corinthians 11:23-28

Our problems are not that bad...compared to this passage in the bible..ehh



2 Corinthians 4:16-18

That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.



Habakkuk 3:17-18

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!



(no matter what our burdens are we all have them in some way shape or fashion, but rejoice in the lord even in the hard times and know that they will not last long. And know that HIS glory will be revealed in our suffering.)



2. Focus on God's power and presence

Isaiah 40:1-31

31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.



Isaiah 41:10

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.



Psalm 23:1-6

The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.



(He never leaves us...if we feel far from God check yourself and see who has moved because He never does, He is always there for you at the simple whisper of His name...(great to know that))



3. Make your request known to God through prayer

Phil 4:6

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done

(this is the hardest thing for me is not to worry...it is like breathing to me...and I can't help myself...:( )


James 5:13-18
Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.


4. Recieve God's peace that passes all understanding

John 14:27
I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
(man here it is in black and white PEACE OF MIND...why can't I stay in a constant state of that with this)

Phil 4:6-9
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

Sorry this blog is so long this time, but I wanted to share it with you guys..not only to be transparent and share with you what is going on with me, but I felt that with everything going on right now in the world we all needed to hear this...so for my fellow church family you got to have a review of today's sermon:)
To the others I hope you can get something from all of that...It sounds and makes way more sense coming from Pastor Jeff of course...God Bless him!

I know deep down in my "knower" (throw back from Pastor Donnie) that God has this all worked out for us down the road. All of this has happened for a reason. I praise him for our little guy one minute and then try to worry about all the finances and other what if's the other minute. God provided and blessed us TREMENDOUSLY with our little Rylie...to us He showed out with Rylie and her adoption. She is such a blessing to us and I look at her EVERY morning and praise God for her and thank him for her. We didn't do anything to deserve such a precious little girl. We know this little guy will be just as special to us, we love him so much already...
anyway I will stop rambeling on now...just keep us in your prayers and pray for satan to be bounded up and cast out all of my worries and concerns in regards to this adoption....and start to praise GOD more for the blessing that He is bestowing us with...

No comments: